THANK YOU for Your Support of NSBAC's First 100 Days Campaign!
As we look back at our advocacy efforts on behalf of the nation's 50 million children in public schools during our First 100 Days Campaign, let us celebrate the movement you have helped build to position public education in the forefront of our nation’s policy agenda.
Our Grassroots Voices are Stronger than Ever Because of YOU!
- 12,000 messages/calls to Congress and the Administration urging support for public education by: keeping public funds in public schools, investing in critical programs and protecting Medicaid funding for disadvantaged students.
- 50 states and DC participated in NSBAC’s First 100 Days Campaign.
- 80,000 people reached on Facebook.
- 6,400 engagements/actions generated on Facebook in support of public schools.
- 44,000 people reached on Twitter.
What are the Results of Your Grassroots Effort?
• Advocated for lawmakers to maximize investments in K-12 education, which resulted in the passage of a FY2017 funding bill including increases for: Title I of Every Student Succeeds Act for disadvantaged students, special education, Impact Aid for military connected students and other student support programs.
• Urged Members of Congress to prevent cuts to Medicaid funding during consideration of the American Health Care Act to enable students with disabilities and students in poverty to access critical health services provided by public schools.
• Advocated for the Administration to recognize the importance of restoring state and local authority and community ownership in public education.